The Price of Car Fire Extinguisher in Nigeria typically ranges between N5,000 and N50,000 depending on various factors such as different contents, sizes and capacities.
Have you ever been curious about the cost of car fire extinguishers in Nigeria? If you want to ensure safety while on the road, knowing the price of fire extinguisher for car is essential.
Car fire extinguishers are indispensable tools for dealing with unexpected vehicle fires, providing peace of mind during your travels. So, what is the cost of car fire extinguishers in Nigeria?
Whether you’re a daily commuter or an avid road tripper, understanding the price range for car fire extinguishers is important to stay prepared for unforeseen emergencies.
So, let’s explore the details and find out how much it takes to equip your vehicle with this essential safety equipment in Nigeria.
See also: God Is Good Motor Parks in Lagos
How Much is Car Fire Extinguisher in Nigeria
Car Fire extinguisher prices can vary based on factors such as their contents, sizes, and capacities. In Nigeria, there are several popular brands of Car fire extinguishers available with different price ranges.
Here’s a look at the prices of Car fire extinguishers from reputable brands:
NAFFCO CO2 Fire Extinguisher Pressure Type 2 kg – Starting from N25,000
1Kg Car Vehicle Safety Emergency Fire Extinguisher: starting from N5,000
Stangoz CO2 Fire Extinguisher Pressure Type 2 kg – Starting from N25,300
Stangoz CO2 Fire Extinguisher Pressure Type 3 kg – Starting from N30,000
Angus Fire CO2 Fire Extinguisher Pressure Type 2 kg – Starting from N20,000
4pcs AFO Automatic Fire Extinguisher Ball, Auto Fire Off: N27,000
AFO Automatic Fire Extinguisher Ball, Auto Fire Off/ Fire Ball: starting from N6,000
NAFFCO CO2 Fire Extinguisher Pressure Type 3 kg – Starting from N32,000
Angus Fire CO2 Fire Extinguisher Pressure Type 3 kg – Starting from N22,000
Stangoz Fire Dry Powder Fire Extinguisher Pressure Type 1 kg – Starting from N12,000
Stangoz Fire Dry Powder Fire Extinguisher Pressure Type 2 kg – Starting from N15,500
How to Use Car Fire Extinguisher
Using a car fire extinguisher can be summarized in a few key steps:
- Stay Calm: Keep your composure during the emergency.
- Pull Over Safely: Move your car to a safe spot away from hazards.
- Retrieve the Extinguisher: Get the fire extinguisher from its holder.
- Check the Extinguisher: Ensure it’s suitable for the fire type (ABC).
- Pull the Pin: Remove the safety pin.
- Aim at the Base: Point the nozzle at the fire’s base.
- Squeeze and Sweep: Squeeze the handle and sweep the extinguisher side to side.
- Watch for Re-ignition: Monitor for any signs of the fire rekindling.
- Call for Help: Dial emergency services .
- Replace or Refill: Get the extinguisher serviced after use.
Prioritize safety and evacuate if the fire persists or worsens. Please, always maintain distance of 6-10 feets from the fire, especially in case of flammable materials.
Things to Consider When Buying Car Fire Extinguisher
When purchasing a car fire extinguisher, there are several critical factors to consider:
- Fire Type: Different extinguishers are designed for specific fire types (Class A, B, C, D, or K). Ensure you choose the right type based on your potential fire risks. For car, they are categorized as class B and C fire.
- Size and Capacity: Select an extinguisher size and capacity that is appropriate for the size of the area and the potential fire hazards in your environment. For car, select a medium size that can easily be places in your car.
- Location: Proper placement of fire extinguishers is crucial. They should be easily accessible and located near potential fire sources, such as electrical panels, fuel tank.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance is essential to ensure the extinguisher functions correctly when needed. Consider the maintenance requirements and schedule regular inspections.
- Certifications: Look for extinguishers that meet recognized safety standards and certifications to guarantee their effectiveness in combating vehicle fires.
- Mounting Options: Decide on the best mounting option for your extinguisher, whether it’s body-mounted, in the booth, or inside a safe space.
- Budget: Balance your budget with safety considerations, ensuring you invest in a reliable extinguisher that meets your needs.
- Training: Ensure that those responsible for fire safety in your location are trained in the proper use of fire extinguishers to maximize their effectiveness during emergencies.
By carefully considering these factors, you can make an informed decision when purchasing a car fire extinguisher, enhancing your overall fire safety preparedness.
check this: Automatic Washing Machine Price in Nigeria
Frequently Asked Questions on Car Fire Extinguisher
What kind of fire extinguisher is used in cars?
Powder extinguishers or foam extinguishers are usually recommended as the best fire extinguishers for petrol or diesel vehicles because of their ability to extinguish class B (flammable liquid) fires.
Where is fire extinguisher kept in a car?
If space permits, the best option is the glove compartment. If a fire occurs, the driver can easily pull out the fire extinguisher and open the hood in one swift motion. Following which, under or behind the driver’s seat are also good alternatives if space permits.
Should I get a fire extinguisher for car?
So, it is a common peril most vehicle owners need to think about. Having a fire extinguisher in your car is a safe choice. You should go with these options as they ensure safety and offer you peace of mind.
Is 1kg fire extinguisher enough for car?
Generally, 1kg or 1.5kg is most suitable for a car, while 2.5kg or 4.5kg are more suitable for a 4WD, truck or bus. For Hybrid and Electric vehicles an additional F-500 extinguisher (first agent to extinguish Lithium-Ion Battery Fires) is recommended.
Wrapping up on Car Fire Extinguishers
Choosing the right fire extinguisher involves careful consideration of fire types, size, location, maintenance, certifications, mounting options, budget, and training.
Prioritizing fire safety by selecting the appropriate extinguisher and ensuring it is well-maintained can be a crucial factor in preventing and combating fires effectively.
Always remember that preparedness and the right equipment can make a significant difference in emergency situations, potentially saving lives and property.