Cost of Building a Duplex in Nigeria 2023-2024: Hey there, future home-builders and property investors! Welcome back to another insightful read on Nigerianprice, your go-to source for all things related to the cost of, well, products in Nigeria. Now, if you’ve ever dreamt of living in a spacious, modern home, you might have considered building a duplex. A duplex is like the double-decker bus of homes; you get twice the living space, a flexible layout, and of course, the potential for a passive income through renting out one of the units. Sounds amazing, right? But how much does it cost to build a duplex in Nigeria? Let’s be real, those extra square meters and the snazzy architectural details aren’t going to build themselves for free.
Building a home is one of those life goals that pretty much everyone has jotted down on their bucket list. You get to choose everything—from the tiles in the bathroom to the color of your front door. It’s like playing a real-life game of Sims, except your avatar is you, and the stakes are your life savings. Now, while the idea of constructing a duplex seems lucrative, the real question that hovers over our dreams is—what is the Cost of Building a Duplex in Nigeria? You see, knowing this is a game-changer. It helps you plan, budget, and decide whether this is a feasible dream or just a castle in the sky.
So, what are we looking at here in terms of costs? Well, the price can range from reasonable to “Oh my God, is that even a number?” depending on various factors like location, materials, and the type of duplex you’re looking to build. Do you want a simple design or something that’ll make your neighbors do a double-take every time they pass by your home? The choice is yours, but each comes with its own price tag.
And let’s not forget, Nigeria is a land of diversity, not just in culture and food, but also in the cost of living and property prices. Building a duplex in Lagos will likely cost you a pretty penny more than constructing one in a smaller city like Enugu or Oyo. But hey, don’t let that scare you. The point here isn’t to discourage you but to help you come prepared. We’ll delve into all these aspects and more as we unravel the real cost of building your dream duplex in Nigeria.
So, stick around as we dig deep into the details of duplex building expenses, offer you some pro tips on how to save some Naira here and there, and most importantly, help you figure out how much you’d need to shell out for this grand venture. Trust me, by the end of this content, you’ll be so well-informed, you could practically host a masterclass on the Cost of Building a Duplex in Nigeria.
Cost of Building a Duplex in Nigeria?
The cost of building a duplex in Nigeria ranges between ₦20,201,484 and ₦90,331,706. Keep in mind that these figures are just estimates and it will differ based on location, quality of materials, and labor costs. Also, it’s important to note that different professionals and contractors may have their own pricing, which could vary from these estimates.
Cost of Building a 3-Bedroom Duplex in Nigeria
- Substructures == N2,700,000 – N5,200,000
- Frames == N1,500,000 – N2,800,000
- Upper floor == N1,600,000 – N3,170,000
- Internal and external walls == N2,300,000 – N4,250,000
- Roofing == N1,750,000 to N3,750,000
- Staircase == N350,000 – N480,000
- Doors == N 1,650,000 – N2,970,000
- Windows == N2,100,000 – N3,950,000
- Wall finishes == N2,150,000 – N4,250,000
- Floor finishes == N1,750,000 – N3,400,000
- Ceiling finishes == N480,000 – N950,000
- Plumbing installations == N1,450,000 – N2,750,000
- Electrical installations == N1,700,000 – N3,050,000
- Fittings & fixtures == N1,020,000 – N1,530,000
- TOTAL: N22,500,000 – N42,500,000
Read on the Cost of Painting a House or Room in Nigeria
Cost of Building a 4-Bedroom Duplex in Nigeria
- Substructures == N3,800,000 – N6,800,000
- Frames == N2,000,000 – N4,100,000
- Upper floor == N2,150,000 – N4,250,000
- Internal and external walls == N2,850,000 – N5,500,000
- Roofing == N2,490,000 to N4,800,000
- Staircase == N380,000 – N600,000
- Doors == N 2,020,000 – N3,900,000
- Windows == N2,900,000 – N5,700,000
- Wall finishes == N3,000,000 – N5,500,000
- Floor finishes == N3,350,000 – N4,500,000
- Ceiling finishes == N700,000 – N1,200,000
- Plumbing installations == N2,300,000 – N4,500,000
- Electrical installations == N1,845,000 – N3,750,000
- Fittings & fixtures == N1,215,000 – N2,400,000
- TOTAL: N30,000,000 – N57,500,000
Cost of Building a 5-Bedroom Duplex in Nigeria
- Substructures == N5,000,000 – N8,775,000
- Frames == N2,900,000 – N4,995,000
- Upper floor == N3,150,000 – N5,200,000
- Internal and external walls == N4,300,000 – N7,020,000
- Roofing == N3,800,000 to N6,010,000
- Staircase == N620,000 – N800,000
- Doors == N 2,950,000 – N5,190,000
- Windows == N4,500,000 – N7,020,000
- Wall finishes == N4,300,000 – N7,020,000
- Floor finishes == N3,375,000 – N5,660,000
- Ceiling finishes == N945,000 – N1,485,000
- Plumbing installations == N3,200,000 – N5,602,500
- Electrical installations == N3,600,000 – N4,320,000
- Fittings & fixtures == N1,860,000 – N2,902,500
- TOTAL: N44,500,000 – N72,000,000
What’s a Duplex House in Nigeria Anyway?
Let’s talk duplexes, people. If you’ve been on the internet searching what a duplex is, you’ve probably come across a bunch of definitions that make your head spin. But let’s clear the air for our Nigerian readers. Over here, we think of a duplex as a two-story residential building. Technically, we should be calling it a “detached house,” but hey, let’s not get caught up in semantics.
So, a typical Nigerian duplex has its kitchen and dining room on the ground floor, often sharing the space with a generous living room. Then you’ve got your bedrooms and other private spaces tucked away upstairs. And yes, a staircase connects the two floors. Unlike in some Western countries where a duplex might house two different families, one on each floor, in Nigeria, a duplex is usually a single-family affair.
Weighing the Good and the Bad of Building a Duplex in Nigeria
Now, every coin has two sides, right? So let’s get real about the pros and cons of having a duplex.
The Upsides of Living Large in a Duplex
- Space, Baby, Space!: A duplex feels roomier because it’s spread over two floors. Your living room alone can be as sprawling as a football field if you want it to be. Okay, maybe not that big, but you get the point.
- Enjoy the Great Outdoors: Because the building stacks up, you get more yard space. Compare that to a bungalow that takes up more of the ground, leaving you with less room to roam around.
- Show Off a Bit: Let’s be honest, duplexes have that touch of class. You’re more likely to find Nigeria’s movers and shakers living in a grand duplex. Plus, it’s easier to admire a duplex from afar.
- That View Though: Many duplexes come with balconies on the top floor, offering you a front-row seat to the world around you.
- Safe and Sound: With windows out of easy reach on the top floor, a duplex offers an added layer of security. Anyone trying to break in is more likely to be spotted.
And Now for the Downsides
- Your Wallet Will Feel It: Duplexes don’t come cheap. You’ll be shelling out more for construction materials and other features like staircases.
- The Daily Up-and-Down: Living on two floors means a lot of going up and down stairs. It might not be a big deal now, but as you age or if someone’s not feeling well, it can become a hassle.
FAQs on Cost of Building a Duplex in Nigeria
In this section, we will be discussing the frequently asked questions on Cost of Building a Duplex in Nigeria. Without any further ado, let’s get started!!!
How Much Does It Cost to Build a Duplex in Nigeria?
So you’re wondering about the price tag, huh? Well, you’re looking at something between ₦20,201,484 and ₦90,331,706. This isn’t set in stone, though; it’s more like a ballpark figure. The actual amount can go up or down depending on where you’re building, the kind of materials you’re eyeing, and who’s doing the work.
Are There Any Hidden Costs I Should Know About?
Yes! Construction has a sneaky way of surprising you with extra costs. Stuff like getting permits, and don’t forget the land if you haven’t bought that yet. And sometimes, labor costs can throw you a curveball. So, it’s smart to have some extra cash stashed away.
What Factors Influence the Cost of Building a Duplex in Nigeria?
Big three here: where you’re building, what you’re building with, and who’s building it. Posh neighborhoods? That’s gonna cost you more. Top-notch materials? Also pricier but worth it in the long run. And experienced workers might charge more but they’ll get the job done right.
Is Building a Duplex More Expensive Than a Bungalow?
Yes, you’ll need a bigger budget for a duplex. Why? Well, more structure means more money. You’ve got extra things like stairs and beams that you don’t need in a bungalow. But then again, you get more space.
Can I Save Money by Using Cheaper Materials?
Well, you could, but it’s risky. Going cheap on materials might feel good for your wallet now, but wait until stuff starts breaking down. Trust me, go for quality over cost, especially for things that are tough to replace.
Do Contractors Offer Payment Plans?
Some might, but don’t bank on it. You’ll have to chat about it and come to an agreement. Just make sure you read everything, like, really read it, before you sign anything.
How Long Does It Take to Build a Duplex?
So how much time are we talking? Roughly, you’ll need about 12 to 18 months. But hey, life happens and delays are a thing, so maybe add some cushion time to your plans.
Is It Cheaper to Buy a Pre-existing Duplex?
Well, sometimes. If you’re in a rush or low on cash, buying a ready-made one could be easier on your pocket. But remember, building your own means you get to make all the choices, so weigh that up.
Is a Duplex a Good Investment in Nigeria?
For sure, duplexes are like hotcakes, especially in the cities. You can also rent out part of it and make some steady income. So, yeah, it’s generally a good investment.
Wrapping Up Cost of Building a Duplex in Nigeria
Building a duplex in Nigeria isn’t a walk in the park, but it’s totally doable. You’ve got to have a good grip on your budget, know where you want to build, and get a reliable team. The cost can be a bit of a stretch compared to other options like a bungalow, but hey, you get what you pay for, right?
Remember, there are always some hidden costs lurking around the corner, so keep some extra cash handy. And while you might be tempted to cut corners with cheaper materials, don’t. Trust me, you’ll thank yourself later.
Choosing between buying a pre-existing duplex and building one? Both have their merits. If you want something quick and possibly cheaper, buying might be your thing. But if you want to put your personal stamp on your home, then roll up your sleeves and build it from scratch.
Check out Chinese Door Price in Nigeria
At the end of the day, a duplex can be a solid investment. Whether you’re living in it or renting it out, you’re likely to see a good return. And you get the bonus of more space and possibly a better view.
So there you have it, everything you need to know about the cost of building a duplex in Nigeria. Any more questions? Don’t hesitate to ask. Cheers!